Saturday 1 March 2014

Review: I Heart Christmas


Author: Lindsey Kelk
Publisher: Harper
Release Date: 21st November 2013
Pages: 384
Genre: Chick-Lit
Source: NetGalley

Synopsis
Angela’s planning her very own fairytale of New York…

• Enormous Christmas tree
• Eggnog
• Eccentric British traditions
• Gorgeous man

But Santa’s throwing her a few curveballs – new job (as if it’s not mental enough already), new baby-craze from her best friend Jenny, and Alex determined they should grow up and settle down. Once friends start turning up uninvited on her doorstep (and leading her astray), can Angela really have a merry little Christmas? So much for happy holidays – something’s got to give…

Review
There are two reasons why I was crazily excited for this book. One: Christmas in New York, what could be any better?! Two: Angela is back! I've really missed Angela's madness and I was desperate to know what she was like in the Christmas period.

Angela has planned the perfect Christmas holidays in New York. She's booked time off from her new job, planned some lovely Christmas themed activities for her and husband Alex and she's looking forward to some relaxation time. What Angela didn't factor into her plan were her family and friends. Angela's best friend Jenny has a rather special gift in mind this year - a baby and Angela's family have Christmas plans of there own. With all this to bare in mind Angela isn't sure how her Christmas will work out after all.

This book really was a laugh a minute. One of my favourite lines in the entire book had to be:
"‘And I want a unicorn to fly me to work every day but that’s not going to happen, is it?’
‘Unicorns don’t fly!’ Jenny shouted.
'That’s not the point!’ I shouted back."
I was in stitches! The relationship between Angela and Jenny was as brilliant as ever. Watching them deal with life's dramas added to the hilarity, they have such a unique way of dealing with their problems.

It was definitely interesting to catch up with the gorgeous man in Angela's life: Mr Alex Reid. Alex is ready to settle down and have grown up conversations about future plans which as you can imagine freaks Angela out and provides a whole other host of problems for her. I love that Alex is maturing and thinking about the future, he's a man with the full package: good looking and the perfect man for a long term relationship!

I loved reading about Christmas in New York. The huge Christmas trees, ice skating in Central Park - it all sounded so magical and I could completely appreciate why Angela felt that Christmas was a special time of year. Lindsey Kelk has such a fantastic writing style that kept my immersed in the story and eager to read on to find out what other messes Angela and co. had got themselves into!

Another absolute kicker from Lindsey Kelk, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I'll be eagerly anticipating Angela's next appearance!

5/5 Stars

My Song Choice: Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...