Wednesday 21 May 2014

Review: If I Could Turn Back Time

Author: Nicola Doherty
Publisher: Headline Review
Release Date: 10th April 2014
Pages: 368
Genre: Chick-Lit, Romantic Comedy
Source: Book Bridgr

Synopsis
What if you found The One, then lost him again?

Or not so much lost him as became the neurotic, needy girlfriend from hell. The girl who tried to make him choose between her and his job, and got seriously paranoid about his relationship with his best female friend...

Zoe knows she doesn't deserve another chance with David. But if there's the tiniest possibility of making things right, she'll snatch it. Even if it means breaking the laws of physics to do so...


Review
Zoe is devastated when her boyfriend David breaks up with her. She knows she hasn't been the model girlfriend but is convinced he is the one for her. When Zoe wakes up one morning a few months before she went to sleep, she's ecstatic! None of the mistakes she made with David have happened yet and she's able to do a re-write. How will Zoe edit her life and what will she learn about herself in the process?

I must admit I have a soft spot for romantic comedies. I love the combination of love and laughter. If I Could Turn Back Time had me laughing throughout, Zoe got herself into some right situations. This book was a breath of fresh air which I really enjoyed  reading.

Zoe is a brilliant main character. She is very easy to relate to, I think most women can think of events in their life that they would love to re-write! It is really interesting to see the effect Zoe has on other people as she changes events in her past. You get the feeling very quickly that not everything will go to plan. Zoe does make mistakes, but I was rooting for her to figure things out.

I really love Zoe's best friend Rachel and flatmate Max. Rachel is ambitious but also a brilliant friend to Zoe and Max may not be the perfect room-mate but is a good friend of Zoe's all the same. Even the enemy Jenny is fun to read about. She plays the first class bitch to perfection!

It was brilliant to read about Zoe's job in fashion. I loved hearing about all the latest trends, as well as the ins and outs of working in a department store. It appears that a lot of work goes into predicting next season's trends and it looks like Zoe has a knack for nailing the up-and-coming fashions much to the amazement of her colleagues.

If I Could Turn Back Time was an absolutely fabulous read, one which will stick with me for a long time. Nicola Doherty has ultimately shown that everything happens for a reason and changing our past may not actually make us happy.

5/5 Stars

My Song Choice: 5 Years Time by Noah and the Whale

4 comments:

  1. This book is on my wish list. It sounds really great! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great, I would definitely recommend it! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. I have read a couple of good reviews for this one. I really like the sound of Zoe. She seems like a really good main characters but interestingly flawed at the same time.

    I am glad you enjoyed this & thanks for sharing! :D

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say that is an accurate description of Zoe, she doesn't always make the best decisions! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...